Is There Any Difference Between FR4 and CEM-1?
- By : Insulation Materials
Is there any difference between FR4 and CEM-1?
1. Different materials:
(1) FR4 is glass fiber cloth base plate. FR-4 is a code of fire-resistant material grade, which means that the resin material must be able to extinguish itself after burning. It is not a material name, but a material grade. Therefore, there are many kinds of FR-4 grade materials used in general circuit boards, but most of them are so-called Tera function epoxy resin Plus fillers and fiberglass composites.
(2) CEM-1 is a composite substrate fabric – circular fiber cloth, core material – paper. CEM-1 board is formed by glass fiber cloth based semi-cured sheet cover and wood pulp paper based semi-cured sheet laminated copper foil. Its main materials are brominated epoxy resin, solvent, curing accelerator, inorganic filler, glass fiber cloth, wood pulp paper, copper foil, etc. The manufacturing process includes primary gluing (water-soluble resin), secondary gluing (flame-retardant epoxy resin) and glass fiber cloth based gluing (flame-retardant epoxy resin). After gluing, two kinds of semi-cured sheets are combined with laminated copper foil to enter the press for hot pressing to form CEM-1 sheet.
2. Different comprehensive performance:
(1) The comprehensive performance and cost of CEM-1 are between paper substrate and epoxy board.
(2) FR4 is better than cen-1.
3. CEM-1 plate is formed after the cover of glass fiber cloth based semi-cured sheet and laminated copper foil of wood pulp paper based semi-cured sheet are cured. The relative leakage tracking index of FR4 belongs to class 4, 100-175v.